Saturday, October 3, 2009

Creative Commons

The Creative Commons site was worthwhile to investigate. I did have some confusion when I clicked into the flickr site. It took me to "everybody's downloads". Is this still within the creative commons of copyright or do I need to search only "the commons" with flickr in order to stay clear of copyright infringement? This was unclear, so I searched in both, but didn't try to save anything. I also looked into Google images, and jamenda music site for some opportunities. The most fun I had was after listening to the podcast and going to Magnatune. My husband is very tech savvy and it was nice to be able to share something with him that he hadn't already stumbled across. Introducing someone else to Magnatune gave me the opportunity to investigate it a bit more myself and the creativeness of the site and the free use of the music in a not-for-profit way is great for teachers and students. I'm sure that many high school teachers will be glad to discover Magnatune for their student's creative podcasts, etc. Sooner or later, it will filter down to the middle and elementary schools, but it does seem that technologically, high school is the testing ground for most new ideas using internet resources.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,
    How fun to be able to share something with your husband! I find myself in that boat all the time. I post things on Facebook and inevitably it is brought to my attention that whatever video or picture I post was viral a year ago. I'm so behind the times...
    So I am also really enjoying learning about things and having the new scoop on the internet and what's out there.
    Thanks,
    Katie May

    ReplyDelete