Monday, December 21, 2009

The Evolved Librarian

Who would've thought last September that I'd be making comix and movies and powerpoints that could have incorporated sound? I've had several classes in my quest towards Librarianship that have involved technology, but none as profound as this class. The Webquest was my first true immersion in the unfamiliar territory of the 2.0 world and I came out on the other side less frightened and more confident.
I had been introduced to wikis, blogs, and many other 2.0 pieces (one of my faves is pim pam pum) but have yet to try them with many of my classes due to network restrictions for elementary schools. This seems to be a huge hurdle to overcome for most of us, whether you are a classroom teacher wanting to try something new, or a librarian wishing to explore new territory with the students.
Have my eyes been opened? Yes. Will I remember all of it? Probably not. But, I will be more open to the investigation on my own and for educational purposes. I wow'ed my friends and family when I changed the leaky faucet by watching the vlogs on MonkeySee. And I amazed myself just by setting up the Weebly site. I couldn't believe that stuff is really out there.
Overall, as time-consuming and brain-taxing as it was, it was all worth it. I also liked the working through the professional philosophy. Incorporating things from the UVM course and the CCV course made it a unique semester, and one that will impact my outlook on education for years to come.
I will probably not continue with my blog, but you never know. Good luck to all.
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. PimpamPum? The Flickr memory game?

    Great job this semester, Melissa, I wish you great adventures to come!

    L.

    ReplyDelete